Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm back!

So... it's been a really long time since I last posted. Since then, I've visited Texas, started school, and run the Annapolis 10 Miler.
My visit to Texas was great, but I might have strayed a little from my training plan. I don't really have a good excuse except that I just couldn't always make myself leave my family to go running in the blistering Texas sun. Yeah, it was that hot!
Two days after we flew home, it was time for my first day of school in almost 6 years! I was feeling pretty good about myself until I found out my Human Biology lab partner is a 17 year old boy who still has to have stuff signed by him mom! Yeah, that made me feel a little old. I also learned that I'm not eligible for cross country because of some stupid credits rule. It's retarded, but I guess it gives me more time to train for my upcoming marathon.
So far, my classes are going pretty good, but we'll see if I still feel that way after my first exam this week.
The Annapolis 10 Miler was this past weekend and I must say that I think it went pretty well. It wasn't too hot, there were lots of great spectators and volunteers, it was a competitive course and I improved my 10 mile time by 3 minutes! It was also after I was having some trouble with my knee, but it held up pretty well.
I will be trying to keep up with my training in the upcoming weeks while I care for Jonathan and take care of my school work. We'll see how it all works out!
Happy Labor Day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment