Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 3

So... Week 3 of marathon training is done and it was a hard week! Seeing as how I only did 15 miles, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the mileage that got me. I think the culprit is my sweet little Jonathan. Most days that I run, I end up with a jogging stroller attached to my hand. All that extra weight, about 50 lbs total, just really seemed to get me this week. It felt like it was getting harder and harder to keep him in front of me.

The other factor that frustrated me this week was the power outage we had. A severe storm caught us off guard this past Sunday afternoon and knocked out our power for around 30 hours! The first night we toughed it out with blankets in the middle of our living room floor, but by Monday afternoon I couldn't take it anymore so we checked into a nearby hotel. Jonathan and I stayed the night at the Aloft at Arundel Mills and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It wasn't very clean, the beds were dangerous and we somehow got checked out before we actually checked out. I'm not sure that happened, but I won't be returning.


Wednesday morning was a nice break for me because I got to run without Jonathan. He was having his first day at daycare to prepare us for the school year. It was a good run although my watch messed up and measured short.
So I was supposed to run 7 miles yesterday, but I ended up only doing about 5. I came across a small race in Towson that looked like fun. It was a 2-person 10 mile relay race. I talked my friend Angie into running it with me and we weren't last! There were some super fast people out there whose teams averaged a 5 minute/mile pace for the entire race! I think we were probably around a 7:30 pace. I haven't done mile repeats in a long time, so I am pretty sore today. All in all it was a good workout and a fun alternative to just running by myself!

These next few weeks might be pretty quiet because we are going to Texas to visit family before the school year starts. So run smart everybody and stay hydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment