Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Starting Over

For some reason, it always feels like I'm starting over whenever I start a new training program. I think it's all just a mental thing, but I always feel out of shape.

So, week 2 of my marathon training is underway. My first run of the week, which was 3 miles on Monday, was not very fun. I had Jonathan with me in the jogging stroller, so that's about an additional 45 to 50 lbs. that I was pushing. The other uncomfortable thing was the humidity. I ended up running about a 5k in 28:15 and when I was done I felt like someone had sprayed me with a water hose! All that humidity had soaked me through! That's always a fun feeling right? You get done running so you're already tired, plus you're so sweaty you have a hard time gripping things. I've taken to leaving the jogging stroller in my car because I couldn't carry it up and down the stairs to my apartment anymore.

I am getting very excited about my trip to Texas! I am so grateful for my parents. They have helped us so much over the years that I honestly don't know what I would have done without them. So I really can't complain about how early we will have to get up for a 6:40 am flight out of BWI. I don't care how early we have to get up because my parents were kind enough to buy the tickets so we'll fly whenever it's cheapest. At least we only live about 20 minutes from the airport. Only 2 more weeks until we get to see Texas again, and all the family that comes with it! Jonathan is already talking about flying on the airplane to see Grandma and Grandpa!

I guess we'll just have to see how it goes with our 4 miles later this evening. It'll be with our local running group so it might be a little slow. That's okay though because pushing Jonathan makes everything feel 5 times harder!

Happy running everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment